You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, March 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Chicano artist Barbara Carrasco’s 80-foot mural, L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective, will be the centerpiece of a new exhibit coming to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The mural will be on view through August 18, and is included with general admission to the museum.
2. [10 a.m.] The Museum of Failure returns at a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [4 p.m.] There’s a Nintendo 64 Tournament double header with both Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart at Arts District Brewing Co. this Monday. Drink, play, and win some swag and bragging rights. Tournaments are free and sign ups are on a first come first serve basis.
4. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at The Bootleg Theater.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Catch a free screening of 1991 classic Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead at UCLA with screenwriters Neil Landau and Tara Ison making a special appearance. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Blank Tapes March Monday residency at the Echo.
7. [8 p.m.] The Improvised Shakespeare Company at Largo.
8. [8 p.m.] Sacred Fools Theater Company presents We The People a bi-monthly, curated series of new works exploring concerns facing the country and world today. The theme of the show will be “Our Posterity” all proceeds for Mondays show will go to the organization Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
9. [8 p.m.] Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds at The Orpheum.
10. [various] Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can enter to win the ultimate DTLA Staycation via Greenbar Distillery just by Instramming one photo. Get details here!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.