You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] New installation, California Yarnscape, opens at the Autry this Tuesday. On display till June 25, California Yarnscape features a carefully designed 60-foot yarnscape created by over 50 local artists.
2. [1:30 p.m.] As part of The Skirball’s free Tuesday afternoon screenings, the cultural center will host a screening of Caramel. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. Happening Tuesday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30] The Moth Story Slam at Los Globos. This week’s theme: Making Peace.
5. [8 p.m.] The Wallis and Deaf West Theatre present Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee’s At Home at the Zoo performing March 7-26. Check for discounted tickets this week before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] The Largo Comedy Show features Greg Behrendt, Jenny Slate, Laura Kightlinger, and a very bearded guest.
7. [8:30 p.m. ] Legitimate Goddamn Theatre at the UCB Sunset.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Slow Bang at the Ace Hotel Upstairs. FREE
9. [various] Free admission days this Tuesday for: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West.
10. [various] Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $45 tix for Alton Brown Live: Eat Your Science at the Hollywood Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.