You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 16, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get an old-timey shave at a Nostalgic Pop-Up Barbershop at Union Station.
2. [6 p.m.] The 7th annual Venice Art Crawl returns for 2017 with a quartet of community-wide celebrations to showcase what makes Venice, CA one of the most unique places to live in Los Angeles. First up: March 16 (that’s today!) where the theme will be ‘This Is Venice.’ FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach (March 15-16) will have guests sampling food and drinks from various restaurants in the East Village Arts District. Free to attend and open to all-ages, guests purchase booklets to redeem items at select restaurants.
4. [6 p.m.] Los Angeles Punk Museum Film Festival will open it’s doors to the public during the Venice Art Crawl for a night of punk art and films for free this Thursday. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] Three Los Angeles places of significance to the LGBTQ community and civil rights are the subjects of three short films to be screened outdoors at The Viaduct @ Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown.
6. [7 p.m.] The West Coast premiere of Tyler Hubby’s documentary on the life and work of artist, musician, and educator, Tony Conrad titled Tony Conrad: Completely in the Present will screen at The Broad. There will be a post-screening conversation with Tyler Hubby and Tony Oursler moderated by Henry Rollins. Kim Gordon will close out the night with a performance.
7. [7:30 p.m. ] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Bullitt this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] The iconic Queen Mary in Long Beach is now a great place to see local live bands! Stop by every third Thursday of the month for Local Band Hangout happening at the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar.
9. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center , Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] Los Angeles Fashion Week takes over the city March 16 through 19 check the schedule on their website for all happenings
DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix for a Willy Wonka Sing-Along Screening at La Mirada Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.