You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!†
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 19, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:55 a.m.] The LA Marathon is today! Cheer on runners, and/or be aware of street closures that are in effect for the event.
2. [9 a.m.] 7th Annual Adler Paddler is a free stand-up paddle race taking place in Long Beach on Sunday morning. Open to all ages. FREE
3. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles’ Nature Fest is back on March 18 and 19. Adults and kids alike will have a chance to explore, learn and interact with nature. Activities will be hosted within the museums nature gardens and led by scientists and wildlife experts.
4. [11 a.m.] Huntington Beach Cherry Blossom Festival. FREE
5. [11:30 a.m.] The Arcade Expo comes to the Museum of Pinball in Banning March 17 through 19 for a weekend of gaming, art, and the culture that surrounds this world.
6. [5:30 p.m.] American Cinematheque host Sunday film screenings at the Egyptian Theatre with Planet of The Apes and The Omega Man. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [various.] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
8. [various] Enjoy free music during Bach in the Subways a four-day celebration (March 18-21) of free performances at Union Station, Hollywood/Vine and other public venues in honor of J.S. Bach’s birthday.
9. [various] PaleyFest L.A. is back March 17 through 26 with ten-days of panels bringing together actors, producers and directors of some of the most popular shows in the television and streaming content universe.
10. [various] Los Angeles Fashion Week takes over the city March 16-19. Check the schedule on their website for all happenings
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast with special pre-show at El Capitan (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.