You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 2, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] ‘Jason Rhoades. Installations, 1994 – 2006′ at Hauser Wirth & Schimmel. FREE
2. [11 a.m. & 6:30 p.m.] Food Fare 2017 unites more than 100 of Los Angeles’ best eateries, caterers, chefs and libation purveyors for a foodie extravaganza that is also Planned Parenthood Los Angeles’ biggest fundraising event of the year.
3. [1:30 p.m.] The New York Times Feminist Reading Group event invites readers, writers and normal bystanders to review and discuss the iconic newspaper while using feminist techniques to investigate journalistic bias. Happening at The Hammer. FREE
4. [2 p.m.] Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Dirty Harry this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Free taping of Picture This! comedy show at The Actors Company. Comedic talent for the night includes Dana Gould, The Sklar Brothers, Alice Wetterlund and Amanda Seales. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Last Laugh Comedy Show at Angel City Brewery. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Janet Klein and Her Parlor Boys play ’20s and ’30s Jazz. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Speechless: LA Edition at the NerdMelt Showroom.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for the Roaring Twenties Street Jam at Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.