You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The first annual Food Book Fair, headquartered at the Ace Hotel, hits Downtown Los Angeles March 2-4 for a delicious weekend of events for foodies and food publishing.
2. [1:30 p.m.] ‘Lyrics to Life,’ a FREE four-day pop-up exhibition featuring art inspired by song lyrics from the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Radiohead, Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd, comes to Downtown Los Angeles from March 2-5.
3. [noon] The Classic Auto Show returns to the L.A. Convention Center March 2-4 for the largest three-day indoor classic car show in the United States. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
4. [5 p.m.] The Japanese Food Festival takes over the InterContinental in Downtown for two days (March 2-3) of food, sake, and travel exhibitions from over 50 participants.
5. [5 p.m.] First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The event will explore L.A. inventiveness, capped with live music from Mondo Cozmo, Superet and Shannon Lay.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] L.A. Dance Festival 2018 in Century City from March 1-3
8. [9 p.m.] Low End Theory and KCRW Presents: Cut Chemist at the the Teragram ballroom.
9. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week 2.0 will host specially priced prix fixe lunches and dinners at some of the city’s best restaurants. From February 25 through March 3.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to the Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.