You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The 5th Annual Los Angeles IPA Festival returns to Mohawk Bend in Echo Park on March 3-4 tapping 60 IPAs this weekend, all made by Golden State breweries.
2. [10 a.m.] Food Book Fair’s Foodieodicals is coming to Smorgasburg LA this Sunday. Part festival, part conference, it’s dubbed as the “Coachella of writing about eating”, starring food magazines, journals, periodicals and zines from Mexico City to Tokyo. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The Classic Auto Show returns to the L.A. Convention Center March 2-4 for the largest three-day indoor classic car show in the United States. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [11 a.m.] ‘Lyrics to Life,’ a FREE four-day pop-up exhibition featuring art inspired by song lyrics from the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Radiohead, Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd, comes to Downtown Los Angeles from March 2-5.
9. [11 a.m.] The second annual Sweet Experience Expo returns to the South Bay with a dessert and pastry expo featuring hundreds of local dessert and pastry chefs showcasing their offerings and serving up samples.
6. [noon] Head to historic Filipinotown for MARCH FORTH! a block party and fundraiser for put on by Los Angeles Walks.
8. [1 p.m.] Air + Style is March 3-4 at Expo Park in Downtown L.A. Hosted by Shaun White, Air + Style features prominent artists, skateboarders and snowboarders, sports competitions, special guests and live performances by Phoenix, ZEDD, Cut Copy, Phantogram, Tinashe and more.
7. [2 p.m.] The Tonga Hut in North Hollywood is hosting the ultimate tiki party in honor of an amazing 60 years in service!
4. [6 p.m.] Beat Battle Vol. 11 at the Dynasty Typewriter.
10. [6 p.m.] Stories Books & Cafe purrrrsent a free night of cat themed entertainment benefiting Eastside LA’s Luxe Paws Cat Rescue.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12.50 tix to see K. Michelle at Novo
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.