You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Looking for a tech job? Then snag a ticket to TechFair 2018 and meet and mingle with over 250 tech companies and sit in on startup demos, a hack-a-thon and more. FREE
2. [12:30 p.m.] There’s a free mindful awareness meditation going on at the Hammer. Participants are welcome to stay for the entire 30-minute session or leave when they choose. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Retro Game Night at Frogtown Brewery.
4. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
5. [7 p.m.] March 8 is International Women’s Day. Celebrate through food with a Taste of Feastly, Women’s Edition. Enjoy an evening of food and drink highlighting female chefs!
6. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite is a monthly event held in 100+ cities across the globe including Busby’s East in Los Angeles! Dubbed as “Discovery Channel with beer” folks will give fun and informative presentations about a variety of topics and the audience drinks along.
7. [8 p.m.] See a diverse line up of comedians from around the globe during Roast Beef & Frogs Legs International Comedy Hour at the Santa Monica Playhouse. There will be English tea served to guests thanks to the British host!
8. [various] All-Star Chef Classic at L.A. Live in DTLA, from March 7-10, will feature dinners made by top chefs like Ludo Lefebvre, Michael Voltaggo, Jose Andres, Nyesha Arrington and Jose Garces. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
10. [various] FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles 18 happening March 8-11 will screen over 40 award winning indie films from across the globe at the Laemmle NOHO 7.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.