You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 9, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Promote civic involvement by creating a communal beer at Angel City Brewery during Citizen Science + Suds, a partnership between Angel City Brewery and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles.
2. [6 p.m.] The March 2017 Downtown Art Walk will honor Women’s Month with Herstory, an exhibition celebrating the work and craft of three local female artists: Katie Ruiz, Isabella Innis, and Eza B
3. [6 p.m.] Golden Road’s Grand Central Market location turns one this Thursday, and they will celebrate with food, live music, games, prizes, and more. The first 50 customers will receive free food.
4. [6 p.m.] The opening reception of Queen Calafia will celebrate Women’s History Month with a pop-up gallery and vendor exhibition, presented by Lady Art Collective and Art Share L.A.
5. [7 p.m.] Try your hand at The Virus escape room in Burbank. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7 p.m.] All-Star Chef Classic returns for its now fourth year at L.A. LIVE (March 8-11). This four-day culinary experience showcases some of the most well-respected and award-winning chefs from around the globe.
7. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
8. [7:30 p.m] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Heat this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various.] Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.).
DEAL OF THE DAY: Check out the Tony Award-winning Fun Home at Ahmanson Theatre for $25 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.