You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] The Toyota Grand Prix features live street racing, live music concerts, a lifestyle expo, kids kart racing, dancing contests, food trucks and more from April 13-15. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] Art duo Dosshaus has ransformed the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit houses hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] The North Redondo Beach Business Association presents SpringFest (April 12-15) a four-day spring carnival and community festival estimated to bring out 40,000 visitors for the last 30 plus years. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Celebrate the art of monsters and movie magic during Monsterpalooza at The Pasadena Convention Center April 13-15. The monster fest will have over 250 exhibitors, screenings, panels and more.
6. [6:30 p.m.] To the Sea: Dance Concerts on the Pier is a free, three-evening dance event taking place on the Santa Monica Pier from April 13-15.
7. [7:30 p.m.] To Live and Di(n)e in LA is a 35-person supper club where attendees will enjoy a fine meal, cocktails and cabaret-style performances with the ghosts of the most infamous figures in Los Angeles’ true crime history.
8. [8 p.m.] Pacific Opera Project (POP) presents a truly unique an immersive production of Mozart’s Don Giovanni, at The Vortex a large warehouse space in DTLA
9. [8 p.m.] This Friday listen to classical music at a giant BYOB warehouse party. Organizers Groupmuse is making classical music listening less formal and bringing the sounds to the masses in a warehouse in Frogtown. 21+ and bring your own beverages of choice.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Street Food Cinema at Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.