You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] The Toyota Grand Prix features live street racing, live music concerts, a lifestyle expo, kids kart racing, dancing contests, food trucks and more from April 13-15. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [8 a.m.] Dog-owning Angelenos can be a part of history (possibly) this Sunday when the upcoming film Superpower Dogs attempts to set the Guinness World Record for ‘Largest Dog Photo’. They want public dog owners to participate and all you need to do is rsvp for Sundays event at Vista Hermosa Park. The organizers expect at least 200 dogs to be there. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] There’s a Cherry Blossom Festival in the newly-renovated Japanese Friendship Garden in Glendale’s Brand Park. The day event will feature live performances, activities for children, food and more. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The Downtown Burbank Arts Festival returns for its 15th year April 14-15. This free two-day outdoor festival will feature 200 artists, famous Disney animators, interactive experiences, special appearances, and much more. FREE
5. [10:30 a.m.] Downward Grog presents Brewery Yoga this Sunday at Frogtown Brewery.
6. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the art of monsters and movie magic during Monsterpalooza at The Pasadena Convention Center April 13-15. The monster fest will have over 250 exhibitors, screenings, panels and more.
7. [noon] Art Salon Chinatown presents Greetings From Chinatown, a live art making event at Central Plaza. Artists will create art and the public is welcome to bring their own supplies and join them. This event is family friendly and free.
8. [6 p.m.] A Wayne’s World Movie Party heads to The Regent in DTLA this Sunday. Presented by Alamo Drafthouse the night will include a live Q&A with Director Penelope Spheeris, a live 80’s musical experience from the band Pop Gun Rerun, Cinefile Video pop-up shop, vintage record booth by Burger Records and a screening of Wayne’s World.
9. [6:30 p.m.] To the Sea: Dance Concerts on the Pier is a free, three-evening dance event taking place on the Santa Monica Pier from April 13-15.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Street Food Cinema at Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.