You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 30, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Brentwood Art Festival returns this Sunday offerings guests the opportunity to browse one-of-a-kind art pieces for purchase while enjoying arts and crafts, local food trucks, kids activities, a beer and wine garden, and live entertainment. Entry is free. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Skirball Cultural Center’s Puppet Festival offers guests an afternoon of puppetry with the whole family. Puppet shows will feature new & classic stories alongside puppeteers, live music & art making.
3. [10 a.m.] The Jackalope Art Fair, a two-day indie craft fair, is back at Central Park in Pasadena from April 29-30. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Fiesta Broadway in returns to Downtown L.A. on April 30. The country’s largest Hispanic event, now in its 28th year, isn’t just Los Angeles’ biggest Cinco de Mayo event — it’s also a celebration of Mexican and Latin American culture. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Have a Taste of Holland at Dutch King’s Day in Long Beach! This celebration of the birthday of King Willem Alexander of the Netherlands features tons of Dutch food options will be available, including Dutch fries with assorted toppings, the mini pancakes known as puffertjes, Indonesian street food (part of the culinary heritage of Holland), herring and more. Guests should definitely wear orange!
6. [10:30 a.m.] The Annual All-Vegan VegFest at Woodley Park is an all-day, all-vegan, food festival featuring live entertainment, vegan food education and foodie inspiration. Highlights include a learning kitchen with cooking demonstrations on healthy, tasty and fun recipes; A kids’ kingdom with storytelling, face painting and other activities; and an oasis beer and wine garden. Free admission. FREE
7. [11 a.m.] Redondo Beach’s Springfest returns for four days (April 27-30) of carnival and community fun at Aviation Park. Springfest is a long-standing tradition going for 30 years, it’s a family-friendly event featuring pony rides, a petting zoo, carnival rides for all ages, food trucks, a food court, live entertainment and DJs. FREE
8. [11 a.m.] The Brewery ArtWalk returns for its spring edition with works from more than 100 participating resident artists in mediums including video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more. Runs both Saturday and Sunday starting at 11 a.m. Free entry and free parking! FREE
9. [1 p.m.] Learn about the use and pleasures of cannabis during mind + body + plant, an afternoon also centered on guided meditation, yoga, and massage therapy, on Sunday, April 30.
10. [3 p.m.] Taste of the Eastside returns to Los Angeles River Center and Gardens on April 30 for a food and drink festival that boasts some of the best and most diverse tastes from the food scene of the eastside neighborhoods of Silver Lake, Echo Park, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Los Feliz, Atwater and beyond.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 for tix to The Book of Mormon at The Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.