You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Brennan’s will host a Friday PieDay Pizza Party Power Hour on the patio from 4 to 7 p.m. with free pepperoni or cheese pizza and live music.
2. [4 p.m.] RuPaul’s DragCon is three days of art, pop culture and all things drag. Hosted at the Los Angeles Convention Center, visitors can check out vendors, panel discussions, screenings, photo ops with drag stars, lip sync contests, make-up and styling workshops for both men and women.
3. [6 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles launches its 4th annual FREE Summer of Salsa concert series on Friday. Dance to the sounds of some of the city’s best salsa and Cuban bands one Friday evening each month through September. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Echo Park Craft Fair’s Spring Edition at Mack Sennett Studios (May 11-13) features over 120 artists with various ceramic, jewelry, clothing, woodworking and textile design booths.
5. [6:30 p.m.] ARTXFOOD, a nightly series of communal meals merging the worlds of art and cuisine, will take place at Goya Studios in Hollywood every evening from May 11 through June 3. Top Chef All Stars winner Richard Blais will create the food, while L.A. artist Greg Ito creates art that will surround you during the evening.
6. [7 p.m.] Immerse yourself in a day (or two!) of all things Jurassic Park during Universal Studios’ 25th anniversary celebration of the dinosaur blockbuster on May 11-12. Enjoy special exhibits, interactive photo ops, a fan costume show, a screening of the film and more.
7. [8 p.m.] They Who Saw the Deep is a new multi-discipline immersive experience that takes place in a secret 17,000 square-foot space in Koreatown. Happening Thursday through Sundays.
8. [11 p.m.] Urban Death: Spring, a haunted theater attraction, is coming to Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood this weekend. Terrorizing audiences in L.A. for over a decade, the spring edition is a completely new experience of inexplicable horrors and unfathomable monstrosities.
9. [various] The Pacific Dining Car will once again celebrate their anniversary with a juicy burger at a throwback price of just 97 cents. The price signifies how many years the 24 hour 1920’s railway train car restaurant has been in business. The burger promo is only redeemable if you sign up to reserve the burger. The promotion ends on May 12.
10. [various] Beloved Sanrio character Aggretsuko a red panda who takes out her frustrations through karaoke by singing death metal has a “Den Of Rage Pop-Up Shop” in Little Tokyo. Here until Wednesday, May 16 the pop up features photo opportunities, exclusive products and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $32.50 tix to see Paul Simon at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.