You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 15, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] Conor Oberst will be live at Amoeba Hollywood with an acoustic mini-set in promotion of his latest album release Salutations.
3. [7 p.m.] Ale Academy Beer and Cheese Edition at Angel City Brewery. This week Certified Cicerones Keith and Dan from Angel City Brewery guide guests through a history of Belgian brewing and how those historical styles developed in the Belgian ales.
4. [7 p.m.] Medicated Movie Night: Half Baked at El Cid.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Basement Comedy Show one-year anniversary show at The Victorian in Santa Monica.
6. [8 p.m.] Every week the the team from Smoke and Mirrors aims to add a little razzle-dazzle to your Monday monotony by showcasing a rotating cast of award-winning magicians from the likes of the Magic Castle, Penn & Teller: Fool Us, America’s Got Talent and more during Magic Mondays at The Santa Monica Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s gorgeous Hollyhock House will be used as a theater for the very first time when Fefu and Her Friends plays throughout the month of May in honor of the 150th anniversary of the esteemed architect’s birth.
8. [10 p.m.] Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [10 p.m.] Dr. Strangelove screens at Cinefamily.
10. [10:30 p.m.] The 3-on-3 Tournament at UCB Sunset.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5 tix to Long Beach Summerfest (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.