You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [noon] LUNCHTIME! Writers’ Meetup at Grand Park. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Food Truck Night at the California Heritage Museum.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition is back at Los Globos this Tuesday with a theme of traps.
5. [7:30 p.m.] This Tuesday the Last Bookstore presents a live event with New York Times best-selling author Rob Bell as he presents his new book, What is the Bible?: How an Ancient Library of Poems, Letters and Stories Can Transform the Way You Think and Feel About Everything. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Omar Souleyman at Echoplex.
7. [8 p.m.] Jersey Boys at the Ahmanson Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Dry Land at the Kirk Douglas Theater. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Visit the Hollywood Bowl during the day. FREE
10. [various] Free admission days this Tuesday for: Los Angeles County Arboretum, South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.