You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wendesday, May 17, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The 5th Annual Bartending Competition returns to JW Marriott Los Angeles for week three of the month-long event series, with tonight’s mixologists utilizing Hendricks Gin, Milagro Tequila, and Monkey Shoulder.
3. [7 p.m.] Pod Save America, a no-BS conversation about politics will be recording live at the Ace Hotel Theatre with hosts including Jon Favreau, former speechwriter for President Barack Obama.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Garden screening with director Q&A at The Hammer. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Murder Anyone? at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] 11. The Crazy Uncle Joe Show, one of L.A.’s longest-running long-form improv shows at The Groundlings’ Theater, has discount tickets available for this week’s performance. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Frowntown at Basic Flowers in DTLA. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Dangerbird Records presents MICRODOSE featuring NO WIN & People Flavor at The Hi Hat. FREE (with RVSP)
9. [8 p.m.] Improv Diary Show at M.i.’s Westside Comedy Theater.
10. [9 p.m.] Judd Apatow & Friends at Largo, a benefit for ACLU.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $3.75 tix for Outdooor Summer Movie screenings at Skirball Cultural Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.