You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 29, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Topanga Days will take over Memorial Day weekend with live music, food, arts, and a parade at the Topanga Community Club.
2. [10 a.m.] Claimed as the “Largest Arts & Crafts Fair in Southern California,” expect over 300 artists, sculptors, photographers and hand crafters to participate at Fiesta Hermosa a three-day affair taking place May 27-29. The festival is free with plenty of fun for all ages from a charity beer and wine garden to a special kiddie carnival area. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] This weekend the 59th annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back from May 26-29 featuring strawberry-themed contests, a strawberry stomp 5K run, parade and games. Come on Friday for the strawberry cake-cutting ceremony and score free strawberry shortcake!
4. [10 a.m.] To pay respect to those who lost their lives for American freedom, the 28th Canoga Park Memorial Day Parade features marching bands, patriotic floats and even military aircrafts up in the sky.
5. [11 a.m.] LACMA is free for the Memorial Day Holiday!
6. [11 a.m.] Celebrating three decades of the Jazz Reggae Festival along with the sweet sounds of Protoje, Daniel Caesar and more. Spend a day enjoying ethnic food options, shopping for handcrafted cultural items and even art.
7. [11 a.m.] Santa Anita Race Track will honor former and current service members with a free lunch this Memorial Day. In addition, Monday is Dollar Day with dollar beers, sodas and hot dogs available, all day long.
8. [noon] Head to Northridge to the Valley Greek Festival (May 27-29) for three days of Greek food, Greek wine, dancing, shopping, cooking demos and more. Taking place at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church admission is $3, children under 10 are free and folks over 65 are free as well.
9. [1 p.m.] Celebrate Memorial Day with Wavey Pool Party at Skybar at the Mondrian. Kicking off the Wavey sessions is live music and DJ performances by Overjoy, January Black, Body Party and more. RSVP here.
10. [all day] Kayaking Season on the LA River starts today!
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix fro HUSHfest at the Santa Monica Pier (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.