You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Mike Shinoda at Amoeba Hollywood (you have to pre-purchase “Post Traumatic” CD in-store for guaranteed admission).
2. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Who What Wear brings back Street Style Cinema, their series of free outdoor movie screenings, to The Grove every Thursday evening in June. This week they’ll screen Moulin Rouge. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] French-based music label Kitsuné is collaborating with the NoMad Hotel for Kitsuné Afterwork, musical evenings taking place on the rooftop of the elegant, recently opened hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Pat Lok, Allen French and Yacine will kick off the summer session. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Experience the theatrical version of Douglas Adams’ cult classic novel The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy when it comes to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts June 14-17. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions: The Merry Wives of Windsor and The Winter’s Tale at a variety of venues across the Los Angeles. Kicking off the series is The Merry Wives of Windsor at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] There is an opening night event for the Cat Art Show at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
8. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
9. [various.] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $2.50 tix to Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.