You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The Santa Monica Food Truck Lot hosts gourmet food trucks every Tuesday night from 5 to 9:30 p.m. at the California Heritage Museum on Main Street.
2. [6 p.m.] Battle of the Bands 2017 at the Hi Hat.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Honor World Refugee Day with a night of knowledge and a performance of traditional Syrian music by SAVICTO, with thanks to IKAR’s Refugee Support Group and Beth Chayim Chadashim in Mid-City.
4. [7 p.m.] Cephalopod Movie Night with Atlas Obscura & Science Friday will celebrate fascinating marine creatures like octopuses, squid, cuttlefish and nautiluses with a Cephalopod themed movie night at Bob Baker Marionette Theater. Co-produced by NPR’s Science Friday
5. [7 p.m.] Spend an evening poolside and beneath the stars enjoying dinner, cocktails and a classic film as Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema returns with a screening of Chocolat.
6. [7:30 p.m.] People Power film series at the Hammer Museum feature films that examine grassroots political movements around the world. This weeks screening is Amandla!: A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony.
7. [8 p.m] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series is back for 2017 with a screening of Secret Life of Pets at Granada Beach. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Roger Waters at Staples Center.
9. [various Los Angeles Beer Week (June 17-25) is back! Now in its ninth year the week will feature dozens of beer-centric events over nine days in numerous locations all over the Southland.
10. [various] Free museum day at: Los Angeles County Arboretum, South Coast Botanic Garden and Descanso Gardens. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $24.50 tix for the Shipkicker Country Music Fest at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.