You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 23, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 3rd Annual Angel City Games returns to UCLA June 22 through 25 with the leading adaptive sports festival for people with physical disabilities. Angel City Games is an inclusive competition featuring a celebrity basketball game, a charity fun run & roll, sports clinics, its first-ever Great Games Family Cookout and a fun zone for kids.
2. [5:30 p.m] Spend Friday sipping wine at an architectural gem during The Barnsdall Art Park’s annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the series feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food pop-ups and music from KCRW DJs.
3. [6 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo’s annual Roaring Nights is back with an awesome assortment of music, food trucks, animal encounters, new exhibits and more. This week’ theme is 60’s Safari Night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [6 p.m.] Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer continues this Friday with a focus on the question “Can we achieve racial justice under the Constitution? ”
5. [7 p.m.] he Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns for a summer full of free dance parties, every Friday, running through September 1. This week’s featured style is Cumbia. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this weekend with Tank And The Bangas and Sweet Crude on Friday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This week (June 22-23) they’ll be performing Macbeth at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The City of Monterey Park presents Summer Movie Nights, a movie series taking place at five different parks in Monterey Park during the summer. This week they will screen Rogue One at Garvey Ranch Park. FREE
9. [various] BET Experience is a four-day showcase of the best in music, comedy and entertainment. The event, which features both free and ticketed events, takes place at L.A. Live in Downtown Los Angeles from June 22-25 featuring Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Kid Cudi, A$AP Rocky, Gucci Mane, Bell Biv DeVoe and more.
10. [various Los Angeles Beer Week (June 17-25) is back! Now in its ninth year the week will feature dozens of beer-centric events over nine days in numerous locations all over the Southland.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets with Live Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.