You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Hammer museum will host a live broadcast of the FIFA World Cup this Tuesday and Wednesday during the semifinals. FREE
2. [1 p.m.] Van Leeuwen Ice Cream’s Birthday Truck Tour on Tues. 7/10. To celebrate their 10th Anniversary, the beloved, Brooklyn-based ice cream brand (with two locations in LA) will be handing out free scoops of their new birthday flavors in Silver Lake and Hollywood, paying homage to the meaningful milestone. The trucks will be stationed at the following locations for hungry passerby: 1 to 3 p.m. at 3922 West Sunset Blvd. (Silver Lake) and 4 to 6 p.m. at 6121 Sunset Blvd. (Hollywood)
3. [2 p.m.] You probably heard LeBron James has signed with the Lakers, but did you know Blaze Pizza is celebrating the King’s arrival with FREE pizza for guests TODAY at more than three dozen SoCal locations from 2 to 5 p.m. July 10 only. One free pizza per guest. Details here.
4. [6 p.m.] Get some adult crafting in and learn to make your very own “good intentions” Voodoo Dollshosted by Krimsey’s Cajun Kitchen in North Hollywood.
5. [7 p.m.] Come listen to great live jazz when Subaru Summer Jazz Nights returns to Hollywood and Highland for five Tuesday evenings. The Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band kicks off the series this Tuesday.
6. [9 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of Little Mermaid at Granada Beach. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Singin’ in the Rain.
8. [8 p.m.] Perfect for dog lovers, Mutt House is a musical centered around a doomed animal shelter, a boy named Eddie and six zany mutts working together to save the shelter they all call home. Performing at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City from July 15 through August 5 with previews beginning this week on July 10.
9. [9 p.m.] An Evening of Tiki at the Spare Room in Hollywood.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Brew at the Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.