You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The South Bay Greek Festival, at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church taking place July 13-15 in Redondo Beach, will offer Greek food, music and dancing.
3. [6 p.m.] ‘Summer of Salsa’ concert series is a monthly free concert series at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes running now till September 7, 2018. This month La Verdad, a West Coast nine-piece salsa group, under the musical direction of Gabriel Gonzalez will peform. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a Friday The 13th Part VI screening with filmmaker Tom McLoughlin in person at the Landmark’s Nuart Theatre.
5. [8 p.m.] WP24 by Wolfgang Puck’s Summer Supper + Show returns every Friday and Saturday, July through August, with a Asian-inspired dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck followed by a movie screening on the private 26th floor hotel rooftop. This weekend they’ll screen Top Gun.
6. [8 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema continues with screenings at One Colorado and Distant Lands this Friday. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Union Station in DTLA will host Filmmm, a series of food-centric films, this summer. The series continues with the documentary City of Gold where Pulitzer Prize-winning food writer Jonathan Gold, takes viewers on a gustatory journey through the City of Angels. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer in Los Angeles watching some beloved films during Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. This Friday Labyrinth will be screened. We suggest you arrive early to check out The Jim Henson Exhibition: Imagination Unlimited exhibit where costumes, sketches and more of Labyrinth are displayed.
9. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features DJ Nights an evening curated by some of the city’s best and most influential DJs. Enjoy music, dancing, and more from 9 p.m. to midnight . FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to the Music Center’s Moves After Dark (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.