You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 15, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] Simply Stylist a conference for connecting influencers, brands, industry thought leaders and consumers is taking place at The Grove this Saturday. Panel discussions, brand activations and pop-up shops are all part of the conference.
2. [11 a.m.] The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Fest comes to the LA Waterfront in San Pedro from July 14-16 for the world’s largest lobster festival featuring Maine Lobsters.
3. [noon Explore vintage trains during Union Station’s Summer Train Fest which will feature beautifully restored train engines plus a kids zone, model trains, food trucks and live entertainment. FREE
4. [noon] See lotus in full bloom during The 37th Annual Lotus Festival at Echo Park Lake (July 15-16). The two-day fest will include live entertainment, arts and crafts, a boat race, an asian food court, and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the blooming flowers and local wild life on the lake. FREE
5. [5:30 p.m.] Movie Picnic Night at Alhambra Park is a free Chinese outdoor movie showcasing Chinese language films with subtitles. This year they are mixing it up with American films as well, this weekend they will screen Lego Movie. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] The Rooftop Cinema Series returns to Pasadena with free movie screenings featuring a DJ and family-friendly activities. This weekend see Fast & Furious 6 atop the Pasadena Towers. Come early to play ping-pong, corn hole, jenga, giant chess, Connect 4 and grab a bite from local food trucks and vendors. FREE
7. [6:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema is back for 2017 with free movie screenings from July 1-29 at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations throughout the Old Town area. The series continues with Wreck-It Ralph (2012) at Central Park and Ocean’s Eleven (2001) at One Colorado. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] The DT Stage Concert Series at Pershing Square returns every Saturday with free weekly shows featuring popular bands all summer long. The series kicks of with a concert by The Wallflowers. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] Summer Movie Night brings Moana to the Lower L.A. River in South Gate. The event will feature informational booths, food trucks and family-fun activities. Bring a comfortable chair and blanket and take in the rare opportunity to view a movie inside the river channel. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. returns for summer with 15-days of celebrating Los Angeles restaurant culture from July 14 to 28. Angelenos and visitors alike will have the opportunity to enjoy prix-fixe menus from more than 300 of the city’s best eateries for special prices. Checkout our post The Best dineL.A. Menus for Summer 2017 (according to We Like L.A.) use it as a guide to your dineL.A. adventures.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $32 to see Incubus + Jimmy Eat World at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.