You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [all day] Celebrate National Ice Cream Day by checking out one of the 15 Best Spots for Ice Cream in Los Angeles.
2. [11 a.m.] The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Fest comes to the LA Waterfront in San Pedro from July 14-16 for the world’s largest lobster festival featuring Maine Lobsters.
3. [11 a.m.] Free Public Day at Walt Disney’s Barn in Griffith Park. FREE
4. [noon] See lotus in full bloom during The 37th Annual Lotus Festival at Echo Park Lake (July 15-16). The two-day fest will include live entertainment, arts and crafts, a boat race, an asian food court, and plenty of opportunities to enjoy the blooming flowers and local wild life on the lake. FREE
5. [noon] Santa Monica’s Frozen Fruit Co turns one this year and to celebrate the anniversary as well as National Ice Cream Day they’ll be giving away free cups of their signature soft serve on Sunday July 16. Soft serve is made entirely of fruit and natural fruit sugars so you won’t feel guilty eating it! Grab a free cup between 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
6. [2 p.m.] Sunday Sessions at Grand Park. FREE
7. [3:30 p.m.] Shakespeare’s enchanting A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to Topanga Canyon’s Theatricum Botanicum for ten performances throughout the summer with their signature production in a uniquely rustic outdoor theater surrounded by oak trees.
8. [6:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with Silk Road on Sunday. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Freda Payne Celebrates The Great Ladies Of Jazz at Catalina Bar and Grill. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] dineL.A. returns for summer with 15-days of celebrating Los Angeles restaurant culture from July 14 to 28. Angelenos and visitors alike will have the opportunity to enjoy prix-fixe menus from more than 300 of the city’s best eateries for special prices. Checkout our post The Best dineL.A. Menus for Summer 2017 (according to We Like L.A.) use it as a guide to your dineL.A. adventures.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $24 for a Long Beach Summer Sunset Cocktail Cruise (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.