You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 26, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison.
2. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee where participants pay $5 to compete, take a first Slurring Bee Shot and spell. From there on it keeps going until a queen or king bee is crowned. Winner receives half the pot, bee-themed prizes and their picture immortalized on The Slurring Bees Wall of Fame, plus automatic placement in the Tournament of Champions!
3. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Wednesday they’ll be performing The Taming of the Shrew at Venice Beach Recreation Center in Venice. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Summer Concert Series: Asia Featuring John Payne & Steve Augeri at The Grove. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. presents ‘Melrose Rooftop Cinema’ in West Hollywood featuring sweeping city views, modern Asian cuisine and an outdoor movie experience every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening through August 30. The series continues this week with Top Gun.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Live Gypsy Jazz & Swing at Angel City Brewery. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Desert Hearts screening + post film discussion with director Donna Deitch at the Aero Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club Thank You L.A . party at The Regent. FREE
9. [10:30 p.m.] Take It Personal: The Hip Hop Improv Show at UCB Sunset.
10. [various] dineL.A. is back for summer with 15-days of celebrating Los Angeles restaurant culture from July 14-28. Angelenos and visitors alike will have the opportunity to enjoy prix-fixe menus from more than 300 of the city’s best eateries for special prices. Checkout our post The Best dineL.A. Menus for Summer 2017 (according to We Like L.A.) use it as a guide to your dineL.A. adventures.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for LA Weekly’s Artopia at Union Station (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.