You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 6, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry: Opening Night with Opa Opa.
2. [6 p.m.] Summer of Music at Redondo Pier will host free concerts every Thursday and Saturday highlighting a slew of genres. This week Americana musician Popravinas will perform. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] City of San Gabriel’s annual Summer Night concerts & movies returns this week with The Band Fresh (Top 40) at Vincent Lugo Park FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Thursday they’ll take over the Hammer Museum with Grace Mitchell and Wargirl and KCRW DJ Valida. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. Measure for Measure will be performed Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Beer 101: History & More at Grand Performances (with Angel City Brewery) at California Plaza. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema is back for 2017 with free movie screenings from July 1-29 at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations throughout the Old Town area. The series continues with Song of the Sea (2014) at Flower Pepper Gallery, 121 E. Union St. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secrets in Concert comes to the Hollywood Bowl for a revival of the second film in the series with a full-blown orchestra! The Los Angeles Philharmonic will perform the sensational sounds of John Williams’ score, so prepare to relive the magic of this film projected in high definition on the big screen!
9. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with Captain America: Civil War. FREE
10. [various] Free museum day at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for the Brick Fest LEGO Experience in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.