You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 a.m.] Check out the Rose Bowl Flea Market — one of the most beloved markets of its type this Sunday.Taking place at the Rose Bowl on the second Sunday of each month, the flea market features a staggering 2500-plus vendors and 20,000 shoppers.
2. [6 a.m.] Anime Expo 2018 returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center July 5-8 , giving anime experts and beginners alike the opportunity to meet some of anime’s greatest creators, voice actors and more.
3. [10 a.m.] The Dessert Goals Fest heads to Cooper Design Space in DTLA July 7-8, with the theme: the Moon + Stars.
4. [10 a.m.] The exhibit “Satoyama: Evolving with the Forest” celebrates epicurean ecology through a collaboration between Michelin-starred chef and Japanese cooking pioneer Chef Yoshihiro Narisawa and leading food photographer, Sergio Coimbra. The food photography exhibition will feature many interactive moments including educational workshops throughout the till July 29, 2018.
5. [10:30 a.m.] There’s a free Union Station Art & Architecture Tour this Sunday. Led by Metro Art Los Angeles Docents the tour will help guest discover art works, architecture and spaces not generally open to the public. Tour begins at the information booth inside the Alameda Street entrance and no reservations required. FREE
6. [noon] 3rd annual Los Angeles Salsa Festival 2018.
7. [noon.] Silver Lake’s female-driven wine shop, Vinovore, is teaming up with non-profit animal rescue organization, MaeDay Rescue, to host a pop-up dog adoption event. Hangout with furry friends and enjoy donation based wine tastings poured by certified sommelier and owner Coly Den Haan.
8. [3 p.m.] Stones Throw By the Pool at The Line Hotel.
9. [5 p.m.] Take a free dance lesson with famed dance veteran Debbie Allen every second Sunday of every month now through August at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. This month she will lead a salsa class. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see Vance Joy at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.