You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 9, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to L.A. State Historic Park July 8-9 featuring some of the best handmade artisans (250-plus maker) selling their goods. The craft fair will also host DIY workshops, food trucks, craft drinks, DJ sets, photo booths and much more.
2. [noon] The 2017 Salsa Festival at Pershing Square (July 8-9) will feature a wide variety of salsas to sample alongside local food vendors, a margarita bar, live music and an interactive kids zone. Access to the event is free and open to all ages, however you can purchase various tasting packages, as well as food and drinks, on-site.
3. [3:30 p.m.] Shakespeare’s enchanting A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to Topanga Canyon’s Theatricum Botanicum for ten performances throughout the summer with their signature production in a uniquely rustic outdoor theater surrounded by oak trees.
4. [5 p.m.] Tiny Porch Concerts, a series of FREE concerts in unique venues, comes to the amphitheater at the Peter Strauss Ranch in Agoura Hills on Sunday with a show from Americana string band Moonsville Collective and Venice Beach-based band Feisty Heart. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with Bob Baker Marionettes on Sunday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Grand Performances presents Cornerstone Theater Company – Magic Fruit on Sunday. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. Measure for Measure will be performed Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Blondie and Garbage at The Hollywood Bowl.
9. [8 p.m.] Dress in your best vintage attire and get ready to twirl, dance and drink at The Wiltern during Swingin’ Summer evening where guests will enjoy live bands and learn the art of swing dancing. Check for discounted tickets on packages for the evening. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Outfest, L.A.’s signature LGBT film festival, returns this weekend with screenings at venues across Los Angeles. The 11-day event runs through July 16. Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar for select screenings. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to a Mac and Cheese Craft Beer Festival at Avalon Hollywood (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.