You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 10, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
2. [6 p.m.] Summer of Music at Redondo Pier will host free concerts every Thursday and Saturday highlighting a slew of genres. This week Ghost In The Machine a Police tribute will perform. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts on the Pier continue this Thursdaywith Mon Laferte, Buscabulla and KCRW DJ Raul Campos. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Shakespeare’s enchanting A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to Topanga Canyon’s Theatricum Botanicum for ten performances throughout the summer with their signature production in a uniquely rustic outdoor theater surrounded by oak trees.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Sundance NEXT FEST returns to the Theatre at Ace Hotel (August 10-13) with some of the best up and coming films alongside food, drinks, games and live music in DTLA.
6. [8 p.m.] The 2017 season of the Skirball’s free Sunset Concert Series, inspired by the Skirball’s current high-profile exhibition Paul Simon: Words & Music, is a showcase for up-and-coming talents and established artists from Los Angeles and around the globe. The series continues on Thursday with Delgres. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Enjoy the ballet and a stellar view of Downtown Los Angeles when the American Contemporary Ballet presents MUSIC + DANCE+ LA II a night of dance, views 32 stories up high and more. Happening August 10 to 13.
8. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with Psycho. FREE
10. [various] The LA Shorts International Film Festival returns with over 200 films from around the world from August 2-10.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7.60 tix for L.A. Dodgers home games
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.