You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 11, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Belcampo on West Third Street celebrates their two year anniversary by giving back with $2 fast burgers from 2 p.m. until close this Friday while supplies last.
2. [4 p.m.] FIGat7th Downtown Festival will return to transform the popular shopping destination into an intimate music venue with live performances by leading pop, rock, American roots, soul and alternative artists. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum in Downtown Los Angeles for garden-inspired cocktails, music and botanical tours with the NHM garden staff. Guests are welcome to bring a picnic or purchase bites from food trucks, the event is free to attend. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] 30th Annual Long Beach Jazz Festival heads to Rainbow Lagoon Park August 11-13 for three sunny days of jazz, food and oceanside fun.
5. [5:30 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Friday they’ll takeover Metro Arts Night at Union Station with KCRW DJs Anthony Valadez and Valida. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Sundance NEXT FEST returns to the Theatre at Ace Hotel (August 10-13) with some of the best up and coming films alongside food, drinks, games and live music in DTLA.
7. [8 p.m.] Enjoy the ballet and a stellar view of Downtown Los Angeles when the American Contemporary Ballet presents MUSIC + DANCE+ LA II a night of dance, views 32 stories up high and more. Happening August 10 to 13.
8. [8 p.m.] Beach Movie Nights at Dockweiler Youth Center is an all ages free movie screening by the water. This week they will screen Storks. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] The San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In Movie Nights will feature a retro drive-in, screening movies connected to the SFV. Guests can enjoy pre-show music, surprise guests, and themed out entertainment. This week they will screen The Karate Kid. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with DJ Nights curated by Coleman at Grand Park. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.