You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, August 13, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 84th Annual Great Sand Sculpture Contest in Long Beach. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] 54th annual Watermelon Festival in The Valley.
3. [1 p.m.] Free Black Tan milkshake pop-up in Santa Monica. FREE
4. [4 p.m] The Frogtown Art Walk. FREE
5. [5:30 p.m.] Free Street Food Cinema screening in Eagle Rock featuring Saved By The Bell and Flashdance. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] Korean Exchange Music Fest. FREE
7. [6:30 p.m.] The Electric Dusk Drive-In is back at a new location with a screening of The Devil Wears Prada.
8. [7 p.m.] Comedy Store Headliner Show w/Anthony Jeselnik, Marc Maron, Iliza Shlesinger and a Very Special Guest. DISCOUNTED (vis Goldstar)
9. [various] Sundance NEXT FEST opening night.
10. [various] 5th annual Marina Del Rey Film Festival.
BONUS: Catch a free screening of The Bad News Bears tonight at the Original Farmers Market.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 to see en Harper & The Innocent Criminals at the Hollywood Bowl With the L.A. Phil (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.