You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 17, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The El Segundo Art Walk takes place every third Thursday of the summer months featuring 40+ artists in 35 venues, live music, great food and tours of artist studios in downtown El Segundo and in Smoky Hollow. FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] Dance the night away during Sizzling Summer Nights happening at The Autry this Thursday. Some of L.A.’s best salsa and Latin fusion bands will get the outdoor party sizzling and free dance lessons with award-winning salsa instructor Orlando Delgado will have you twirling like a pro.
3. [6 p.m.] Concerts on The Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles is a free summer concert series with free beer in the mix! FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns with free outdoor movie screenings in the heart of Silver Lake at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This week: Space Jam will be screened. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with La La Land. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts at the Santa Monica Pier conclude this Thursday with Warpaint, Wild Belle and KCRW DJ Karene Daniel. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The 2017 season of the Skirball’s free Sunset Concert Series, inspired by the Skirball’s current high-profile exhibition Paul Simon: Words & Music, is a showcase for up-and-coming talents and established artists from Los Angeles and around the globe. The series continues with Daymé Arocena. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series continues with a screening of Princess Bride at Alamitos Beach this Thursday. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] All My Single Friends is described as part comedy show and part live dating app taking place at the Copper Still. If you’re so over Tinder and Bumble check this show out where you’ll be in a room with some of LA’s best comedians and hottest singles. Use Code BALLS for 50% off your ticket.
10. [various] Echo Park Rising returns for its seventh year (August 17-20) with hundreds of up-and-coming bands to play at venues that include The Echo, The Echoplex, Stories Bookstore, Lost Knight, Little Joy and other more. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 tix to This is Spinal Tap at The Wiltern
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.