You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 21, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Art Deco Festival at The Queen Mary.
2. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn in Glendale is offering free guided mausoleum art tours this Sunday. FREE
3. [noon] The Long Beach BBQ Festival.
4. [2 p.m.] 21st annual Plum Festival taking place at the Old World German restaurant in Huntington Beach. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] The Importance of Being Earnest at The Archway Theater. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [3 p.m] “Dog Day Afternoon” adoption event at The Lincoln in Venice.
7. [5 p.m.] Jazz on the Lawn 2016 Concert Series at Stewart Street Park in Santa Monica. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Drama Queens From Hell at The Odyssey Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Echo Park Rising. FREE
10. [various] HollyShorts Film Festival.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.