You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 8, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Tim and Eric Awesome Show 10 Year Anniversary at Ace Hotel Theatre.
2. [7 p.m.] Hollywood and Highland will be taken over by Summer Jazz Nights. While the show is free, you can secure guaranteed seating, wine, beer and a selection of cheese for a donation of just $14. It’s all for a good cause as 100% of the proceeds go to Project Angel Food. This week they will close out the series with Bria Skonberg.
3. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. presents ‘Melrose Rooftop Cinema’ in West Hollywood featuring sweeping city views, modern Asian cuisine and an outdoor movie experience every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening through August 30. The series continues this week, starting with The Fifth Element on Tuesday.
4. [8 p.m.] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series continues with a screening of Finding Dory at Granada Beach this Tuesday. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time at Ahmanson. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Summer Movie Nights at Sweet Rose Creamery Studio City returns with The Goonies. FREE
7. [9 p.m.] Reggie Watts w/ KAREN at Zebulon
8. [various] Free museum days: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West
9. [various] Dine LBC is Long Beach’s own city wide restaurant taking place August 5 through 13. Each participating restaurant will offer a three-course menu during lunch and dinner for a special price.
10. [various] The LA Shorts International Film Festival returns with over 200 films from around the world from August 2 to 10.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 for a Tribute to Daft Punk at the Regent Theater
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.