You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 9, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Little Tokyo Cultural Spine: a night of readings and performances plus a special extended happy hour at Seoul Sausage Company.
2. [6:30 p.m.] BEACH YOGA + Chill at Venice Beach.
3. [7 p.m.] Alt-J at Shrine Auditorium.
4. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park.The Two Gentlemen of Verona Wednesday through Sunday.
5. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. presents ‘Melrose Rooftop Cinema’ in West Hollywood featuring sweeping city views, modern Asian cuisine and an outdoor movie experience every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening through August 30. The series continues this week, starting with Star Wars Rogue One on Wednesday.
6. [8 p.m.] Brick + Mortar with Split Party and The Habits at The Hi Hat.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Alchemist. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9:30 p.m.] The Underground Jazz Sessions at the Continental Club.
9. [various] Dine LBC is Long Beach’s own city wide restaurant taking place August 5-13. Each participating restaurant will offer a three-course menu during lunch and dinner for a special price.
10. [various] The LA Shorts International Film Festival returns with over 200 films from around the world from August 2-10.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix for a Selena and Maná Tribute at Project Club LA.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.