You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] Queers + Beers Mixer hosted by API Equality-LA at Arts District Brewing Co.
2. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week’s focus: Swing Dance. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
4. [7 p.m.] Modern Hiker founder Casey Schreiner returns to the Brouwerij West in San Pedro with a brand-new presentation on the Best Hikes in the San Gabriel Mountains.
5. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt & Kristen at The Virgil.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Chai, with Peach Kelli Pop and Distractor at The Echo
8. [9 p.m.] Phoenix plays the Fonda Theater.
9. [various] PaleyFest continues at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Check out panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows from September 6-16. The fest will feature talents like Nathan Fillion (The Rookie), Aaron Paul and Alison Brie (BoJack Horseman), Jennifer Jason Leigh (Atypical) and plenty more.
10. [various] Westfield Topanga Restaurant Week kicks off on September 7 for a 10-day dining event across the Westfield Topanga properties, highlighting a diverse selection of choices and flavors, from fine dining steakhouses to good old Southern BBQ. The best part? Guests can expect savings of up to 20% off on uniquely crafted prix-fixe menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.