You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Explore Baldwin Park and Irwindale on your feet during Metro’s Pride of the Valley Open Streets event. Streets will be closed to cars allowing pedestrians to safely enjoy the outdoors. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The 72nd annual East Los Angeles Mexican Independence Day Parade will take over Cesar E. Chávez Ave. starting at Mednik St. and ending at Gage Ave. Music performances, entertainment, attractions, food vendors, merchandise, interactive displays and family fun will take place on First Street. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Shop and support local artisans and designers during UNIQUE LA at Platform in Culver City on September 15-16
4. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] Get ready to scream, be amazed or simply turn away because Son of Monsterpalooza (Sep 14-16) is coming just in time for Halloween with makeup demos, panels, and more.
6. [11 a.m.] Man’s best friend finally has an art exhibit made just for them! dOGUMENTA LA is a free, dog-friendly art show hosted over two consecutive weekends (September 14-16 & 21-23) at FIGat7th in Downtown L.A. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Sunday Sessions‘ final event of summer 2018 at Grand Park is this Sunday. Come out for a free evening celebrating Los Angeles House music with Focus DJs (Nonfiction & Josh Billings), David Montoya, Juliet Mendoza, and Lacey IQ. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] KCRW presents Gustavo’s Great Tortilla Tournament with Good Food’s Evan Kleiman, and the author of Taco USA, Gustavo Arellano. Help them crown the best flour and corn tortillas in Greater L.A. this Sunday at the LA River Center & Gardens. There will be tortilla tastings, tortilla art making, food vendors, margarita and michelada bars, live demos, games, and much more. Free admission but rsvp is required.
9. [7 p.m.] Patti Smith, Karen O, Flea, Tony Hawk, and more will take part in Pathway to Paris, a concert uniting musicians, artists, policymakers, and more to spread awareness of climate change. Taking place at the Theatre at Ace Hotel.
10. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s World Festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl with The War on Drugs and Alvvays performing this Sunday.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.