You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 5, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6-7 p.m. for one hour of a complimentary cocktail. This time guests will taste Golden Road Brewing’s Mango Wheat Ale. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Head over to Santa Monica for Twilight on the Pier. This fall a wide range of musical groups and artists will performance across different stages, transforming the pier into a festival, complete with art, a beer and spirits garden, games, and interactive activations. The September 5 kick off night is themed Latin Wave with artist Jarina De Marco, Ouitapenas and more for set to perform. FREE
4. [8:15 p.m.] Boss Jr. will come to an end after five years of providing laughs in Los Feliz. The free comedy show will feature some of the best improvisers and veteran performers in our city on last time at The Clubhouse. Added bonus, they also give out free baked goods and drinks and free parking. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Head to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Trivia Night presented by Geeks Who Drink.
6. [8 p.m.] Idiots Comedy Show is back at The Clubhouse featuring free beer and comedy (donation based) from Ever Mainard, Scott Thompson and more.
7. [8 p.m.] Wednesday, September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day. To celebrate, D’Amore’s Pizza will be offering $2 cheese slices and half-off cheese pizzas. D’Amore’s Pizza includes locations in Malibu, Westwood, Canoga Park, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks and West Los Angeles.
8. [8:30 p.m.] See comedians recreate Back To The Future 2 live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
9. [various] The 10th Annual Burbank International Film Festival September 5-9 will feature 200 films by up-and-coming filmmakers.
10. [various] Modern Southwestern eatery Panxa Cocina in Long Beach just rolled out an impressive Hatch Chile Menu for the month of September. Highlights include a Wild Prawn and Hatch Relleno and Wagyu Chicken Fried Steak smothered in hatch chile gravy.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to see Harry Connnick Jr. (with fireworks) at the Hollywood Bowl via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.