You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 7, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] On the first Thursday of every month, The Mar Vista Artwalk takes over Venice Blvd. between Inglewood Bl. and Beethoven St. for a night of visually stunning works, music and more. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Head to the Ford Theatres for a free summer JAM session featuring complimentary dance instruction. This Thurday’s theme is Mexican Folk Dance FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Drinkin’ Smokin’ & West Coastin’ — A Group Love/Hate Letter to LA at Think Tank Gallery examines Los Angeles and all its stereotypes through art and insanely fun events. This Thursday the gallery will host Comedy, Cake + Cannabis a night of tasting edibles, elixirs and extracts while some of the best comedians entertain.
5. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live: Building the Photo Ark with Joel Sartore comes to The Broad Stage in Santa Monica September 7 and 8 for two nights with the iconic National Geographic photographer who has captured portraits of some of the world’s species before they possibly disappear. Learn about his experiences on the job, comical mishaps, and stories about taking photos of these endangered animals.
6. [8 p.m.] See Singin’ in the Rain with live accompaniment by the L.A. Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl this Thursday.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Live Magic at Black Rabbit Rose. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9 p.m.] Roadhouse: The Finale – a Twin Peaks inspired listening party at Monty Bar. FREE
9. [various] Free admission days: Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] The Burbank International Film Festival heads to AMC Burbank 16 in Downtown Burbank Sept. 6-10 with 180+ feature and short films representing 60 countries. Expect artist tributes, panels, afterparties, red carpet, receptions, and networking opportunities.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.