You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 8, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2:30 p.m.] Willing to drive to the O.C.? The Ohana Festival comes to Doheny State Beach for a three-day music festival with a diverse musical lineup playing right off the shore of the Pacific Ocean in Dana Point. Band include Social Distortion, Eddie Vedder, Jack Johnson, Pixies, TV on the Radio, Fiona Apple and Ray Lamontagne.
3. [5 p.m.] Long Beach Original Lobster Festival (Sept. 8-10) will feature fresh Maine lobster, live music, face painting, karaoke, arts & crafts booths, a petting zoo, plus various wine/beer gardens. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [6 p.m.] Head to LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes for a free summer of salsa concert with The Arsenio Rodíguez Project. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] A special screening of Easy Rider comes to The Wiltern for a one-of-a-kind experience of the iconic 1969 film about two bikers on an epic road trip. The screening will be paired with a hot seven-piece band performing music from the original score.
6. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live: Building the Photo Ark with Joel Sartore comes to The Broad Stage in Santa Monica September 7 and 8 for two nights with the iconic National Geographic photographer who has captured portraits of some of the world’s species before they possibly disappear. Learn about his experiences on the job, comical mishaps, and stories about taking photos of these endangered animals.
7. [8 p.m.] The Muppets take over the Hollywood Bowl for an evening of music, special surprises and a spectacular fireworks show. Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and the rest of the Muppet gang for an unbelievably fun and zany night.
8. [various] Get spooked during Paramount Pictures After Dark Tour: Tales From The Other Side
9. [various] Get a peek into the Fall TV season during the 11th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sept. 6-16
10. [various] The Burbank International Film Festival heads to AMC Burbank 16 in Downtown Burbank Sept. 6-10 with 180+ feature and short films representing 60 countries. Expect artist tributes, panels, afterparties, red carpet, receptions, and networking opportunities.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.