You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair continues this weekend! Head to the Pomona Fairplex for an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, carnival style food and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] Long Beach Comic Con (September 8-9) returns for two-days of cosplay, panels, a space expo, screenings, and a behind the scenes look at the comic industry. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] The Original Long Beach Lobster Festival returns for the 22nd year in a row (September 7-9) with live entertainment, activities, and boat loads of fresh Maine lobster. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [2 p.m.] The 9th Annual L.A. Food Fest returns to Santa Anita Park for a tasting experience of signature bites from 100+ exhibitors. On top of that, there will be craft beer garden, craft cocktail bars, a tequila tasting, iced coffee lounge and an ice cream social.
5. [4 p.m.] Santa Monica’s Bergamot Station will host their annual fall open featuring a dozen galleries and artist receptions in one night. FREE
6. [5 p.m.] Buskerfest will feature four flatbed trucks serving as stages for local and regional bands to perform throughout the day while guests dance in the streets. FREE
7. [5:30 p.m.] Grand Park + Outfest Present PROUD Picnic + Movie Night inviting the LGBTQ and ally community to Grand Park for a night showcasing short films from Outfest Fusion Festival, coupled with a feature length presentation. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein at Corey Helford Gallery’s opening reception and month-long exhibition of Frankenstein 200 a group art show featuring over 100 artist. On view now through October 13. FREE
9. [various] PaleyFest continues at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Check out panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows from September 6-16. The fest will feature talents like Nathan Fillion (The Rookie), Aaron Paul and Alison Brie (BoJack Horseman), Jennifer Jason Leigh (Atypical) and plenty more.
10. [various] Westfield Topanga Restaurant Week kicks off on September 7 for a 10-day dining event across the Westfield Topanga properties, highlighting a diverse selection of choices and flavors, from fine dining steakhouses to good old Southern BBQ. The best part? Guests can expect savings of up to 20% off on uniquely crafted prix-fixe menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.