You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Returning for its 29th year, the Belmont Shore Car Show boasts over 500 classic, custom and novelty vehicles parked on over 14 blocks in Downtown Long Beach. Guests get to peruse, take pictures with, and sometimes, even get inside some of the cars. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair continues this weekend! Head to the Pomona Fairplex for an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, carnival style food and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] Long Beach Comic Con (September 8-9) returns for two-days of cosplay, panels, a space expo, screenings, and a behind the scenes look at the comic industry. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10:30 a.m.] Challenge yourself with a 75-minute yoga class while enjoying views of the DTLA skyline during Flow + Flavor: Rooftop Yoga at Smorgasburg x ROW DTLA
7. [10:30 a.m.] Power to the Peaceful Bike Tour hosted by the Los Angeles Explorers Club.
5. [noon] The Original Long Beach Lobster Festival returns for the 22nd year in a row (September 7-9) with live entertainment, activities, and boat loads of fresh Maine lobster. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6:30 p.m.] Swing Night At The Wiltern will jump, jive and wail on the dance floor all night long. The night will start off with an hour long swing dancing lesson then a live band will play 20’s through 40’s tunes. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7:30 p.m.] We’re All Going to Die! A dysptopian book club with Peter Clines at The Last Bookstore.
9. [various] PaleyFest continues at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Check out panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows from September 6-16. The fest will feature talents like Nathan Fillion (The Rookie), Aaron Paul and Alison Brie (BoJack Horseman), Jennifer Jason Leigh (Atypical) and plenty more.
10. [various] Westfield Topanga Restaurant Week kicks off on September 7 for a 10-day dining event across the Westfield Topanga properties, highlighting a diverse selection of choices and flavors, from fine dining steakhouses to good old Southern BBQ. The best part? Guests can expect savings of up to 20% off on uniquely crafted prix-fixe menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.