I make it no secret that I am a frequent lurker and occasional poster to the r/losangeles sub on Reddit. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of good stuff on there.
One of the most discussed topics that seems to come up every few
months weeks days is the issue of how we spend our time and entertain ourselves. And it appears no matter how many lists of things to do or brilliant comments outlining the perfect date idea are populated within the sub, more inquiries flood in on the daily.
That said, if you’re looking for a laundry list of things to do in Los Angeles and don’t want to sift through the Reddit search results, I’ve assembled some of the best user comments, threads, and Reddit-approved links (or at least, links with a contextually high ratio of upvotes), which hopefully will provide some utility for those looking for a kick-ass time in and around the Southland. Or, at the very least, point you in the right direction!
But enough about me. Here’s the list.
Reddit on Los Angeles
1. u/cerealrapist lists out food, destination, and random things that every Angeleno should experience at least once.
2. u/shamrock8421 talks about an approach to making new friends in Los Angeles.
3. u/lilpato answers the call of a couple who was new to L.A. and looking for some fun activities.
4. u/MrLister offers a great westside/south bay all-day date idea.
5. u/CrusssDaddy asks for items to add to his L.A. bucket list. Reddit delivers.
6. u/ANiceRack talks about the best places in L.A. to shop for designer labels and deals
7. u/Surly_Badger’s epic post on the exploring the night life of the West Side.
8. u/elcaminocarwash compiles his ultimate list of thrifty (some free) things to do in L.A.
And while comments are incredibly valuable great, there are some links that Redditors seemed to have responded to positive which would also be
1. LA Weekly gives us a solid list of 15 great ideas (379 karma points)
2. Discover Los Angeles gives us 100 cheap date ideas (82 karma points)
3. 25 Weird and Fun Things to Do in L.A. via Timeout