You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 14, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Items below listed in order by event / activity start time. Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Descanso Gardens Rose Festival.
2. [10 a.m.] First-Ever Whedonopolis: A Joss Whedon Convention.
3. [10 a.m.] Griffith Park Heritage Festival celebrates Anza Expedition. FREE
4. [10:30 a.m.] California Sweets & Beads Show at the LA Convention Center.
5. [11 a.m.] West Coast BBQ Classic at The Queen Mary.
6. [noon] Los Angeles Old-Time Social at the Velaslavasay Panorama.
7. [2 p.m.] Star Party at Griffith Observatory. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] The Eclectic Music Festival & Art Walk in South Pasadena. FREE
9. [5:30 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear screens The Princess Bride in Santa Monica. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8 p.m.] Picture This! at The Virgil. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: CatConLA at The Reef for $15 $7.50 (via Goldstar)