Alright, let’s shake off the chilly weather (by SoCal standards anyway) and take a look at what’s in play for a Saturday in Los Angeles.
In view you’ll find the Long Beach Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade, the Asian American Expo at Fairplex, the opening of Corey Helford Gallery’s 10th Annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show, the Canoga Park Block Party, and more. Jump into the full list below, and have a good one!
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Long Beach MLK Parade – FA > The 36th Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade and Celebration begins at 10 a.m. this Saturday, kicking off at the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and Anaheim Street. An adjacent celebration is slated to go from noon to 5 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Park. where guests can catch performances, a health and wellness area, a youth area, food and merchandise vendors, and information booths. More info here.
Asian American Expo -> The Asian American Expo returns to the Fairplex in Pomona this Saturday and Sunday for the largest Lunar New Year extravaganza in America, featuring 7 exhibition halls, 1,000+ vendors, 9 performance stages, and 3 food courts. Runs 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets cost $20 per day. More info here.
Corey Helford Gallery’s 10th Annual Art Collector Starter Kit – FA > This Saturday, Corey Helford Gallery hosts an opening reception to launch its tenth annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show. The exhibition will showcase affordable 12” x 12” works from over 75 established and emerging artists worldwide. Running in the Main Gallery until February 17, ACSK X aims to provide newer collectors and budget-conscious enthusiasts an opportunity to acquire original pieces, aligning with the gallery’s mission of making art appreciation and collection accessible to a broader audience. Reception runs from 7 to 11 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- On Saturday, Cooking With LACMA welcomes writer and culinary historian Michael Twitty to Crafted Kitchen for an exploration of the intricate connections between spices, past, and present diasporic communities in Southern California and the broader United States.
- The January edition of the Canoga Park Block Party pops up this Saturday, featuring 50+ vendors, live entertainment, classic cars and a food truck festival. FA
- On Saturday, the Skirball Cultural Center welcomes the Inner City Youth Orchestra of Los Angeles (ICYOLA) to the stage for a moving performance in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. FA
- The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Westside Coalition and the Santa Monica Symphony commemorates the legacy of Dr. King with a free afternoon concert performing symphonies from Coleridge-Taylor to Gershwin. FA
- Golden Globe® and Peabody Award-winning actor/director/comedian Ramy Youssef (Ramy on Hulu) will perform a pair of shows tonight at Dynasty Typewriter. M
- Get a head start your 2024 fitness and wellness goals with free outdoor classes and experiences at Ivy Station. M FA
- This Saturday, the 2024 FitspoLA series kicks off at The Bloc with a Pilates class featuring a combination of interval training, traditional fitness, and contemporary style Pilates. The class is free and open to the public. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!