A bit of a chilly start to this Saturday in Los Angeles, but we’ll warm things up with a few worthy suggestions on how to get you out and about.
In view for today you’ll find a Bowie Birthday Roller Disco, a Queer Night Market at Boomtown, a free fitness pop-up in Venice, a free movie screening from the L.A. Times, and more. Hope you enjoy the day!
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Bowie’s Birthday Roller Disco -> Skate Oddity invites you to a Bowie’s Birthday Roller Disco on Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. at LA Kings Burbank Sports Center. Dress as your favorite Bowie era, skate to tunes by DJs Brynna Ashley and James David Bowie. All ages are welcome (11 and up recommended). General admission is $22, with a $7 upgrade for VIP Spiders from Mars Clubhouse which includes refreshments, photo op, and Bowie movies. If skating isn’t your thing, enjoy a picnic, shopping, DJ tunes, and explore the free Market from Mars vendors. More info here.
Indie Pulse Ep. 1 -> This Saturday, celebrate the diverse Los Angeles indie music scene at the inaugural Indie Pulse Ep. 1. Taking place at the retro bar Daddy Diamonds in Hollywood, the night will showcase music from Joe Bulldozer, Auxline, Acid Rescues, and Maejoy. The venue also provides free arcade games. Tickets are priced at $15. More info here.
Pixies Past Dark: A Queer Featured Night Market – FA > On Saturday, pop over Boomtown Brewery for Pixies Past Dark, a monthly queer featured night market showcasing vintage treasures, jewelry, tattoos, piercings, tooth gems, and more. The event is pet-friendly and free to enter happening from 5-11 p.m. Beats will be provided by DJ D-JANE starting at 9 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Everybody Experience is a free three-day pop-up event in Venice hosted by Well+Good and Vital Proteins. FA
- On Saturday, head to Cabrillo Beach for a day exploring the wetlands. Managed and cared for by the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, this salt marsh hosts a diverse community of salt-tolerant plants, invertebrates, fish, and birds. FA
- The L.A. Times’ Envelope Live series hosts a free screening of Killers of the Flower Moon at Regency Village Theatre. FA
- This Saturday, The Crow hosts Pull My Finger, a family-friendly comedy show that doubles as a fundraiser for PATH and its mission to end homelessness. M
- Kevin McDonald brings his Super Star Rock Opera to the stage at Dynasty Typewriter this Saturday and Sunday. M
- A New Year’s edition of Conscious Market pops up at Third Street Promenade on Saturday. M
- This Saturday and Sunday will be the final two days of this seasons’ Enchanted: Forest of Lights at Descanso Gardens.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!