Please tell us you’ve already completed your holiday shopping… Good to go? Well, then let’s see if we can find a few things to do to enjoy the run-up to the Christmas holiday.
This Saturday around Los Angeles you’ll find family-friendly activations, holiday lights experiences, a jazz concert at Disney Concert Hall, a Weekend In Hogsmeade Movie Night, and more. We’ll get you started with a few ideas below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Ovation Hollywood Holiday Programming -> This weekend, Ovation Hollywood is running special holiday activations from Friday to Sunday, including afternoon performances by the Jingle 5 Carolers, Candy Cane Stilt Walkers, songs from Holly Belles Holiday Singers, meet-and-greets with Nutcracker characters and Santa’s Head Elf, plus free photos with Saint Nick himself. Times vary on each day, so be sure to check Ovation’s events page for details.
Go Metro: Take the B Line to Hollywood / Highland.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
The Chinese Music Association of Southern California Performs at Candy Cane Lane – FA > Get in the holiday spirit at the famed Candy Cane Lane in the San Fernando Valley as The Chinese Music Association of Southern California presents a cross-cultural free performance of Christmas carols on rare Chinese instruments. Join conductor James Chiao on Saturday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at 5812 Lubao Avenue, Woodland Hills, 91317. More info here.
Weekend In Hogsmeade Movie Night – FA > This Saturday, Lawndale’s Far Field Beer Co. becomes “Hogsmeade Brewery” for one special night, highlighted by family-friendly screening of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, ornament making activities for kids, special brews for the event (such as Sorting Hat Seltzer), and discounts for those who come dressed for the occasion. The screening begins at 6 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at The Walt Disney Concert Hall – M TP > LA Phil’s annual Deck The Hall series continues on Saturday with Arturo Sandoval’s Swinging Holiday performance. Tickets start at $49.99, and the show begins at 8 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
If you’re thinking you want to make holiday lights part of your pre-Christmas weekend, here are few ideas that will be open for Saturday (both ticketed and free)
- Lightscape at The L.A. Arboretum will be open this Saturday and Sunday. Tickets start at $32 for GA.
- Astra Lumina: An Enchanted Night Walk Amongst The Stars continues at the South Coast Botanic Garden this Saturday and Sunday. Tickets start at $36.
- Lights on Display is a free neighborhood light show located in Sherman Oaks. Runs nightly from 5 to 9 p.m. this weekend.
- Descanso Gardens: Enchanted Forest of Light will be open this Saturday, but closed on Christmas Eve.
- Holiday Road in Calabasas will be open both Saturday an Sunday. Tickets start at $29.99.
- Take a drive through the Seaside Neighborhood Lights in Torrance. Free to visit, but expect lots of traffic this weekend.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!