This break in the rain won’t last, so if you want to get out and about, Saturday is your day.
On the docket for today in Los Angeles, you’ll find a free fitness class at The Bloc, a Lunar New Year Fest at SteelCraft, Dumpling Day at Santa Anita Park, a Black History Month celebration in Culver City, A Century of Film Music at Disney Concert Hall, and more. Check out the full list below!
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
FitSpoLA at The Bloc – M FA > On Saturday, the 2024 FitSpoLA series continues at The Bloc with a bodyweight fitness class by personal coach Davey Fisher. The one-hour session includes a warmup, strength training, interval oriented cardiovascular work, and a mobility focused cooldown. Starts at 10 a.m. and free to attend, but registration required. Rain or shine event. More info here.
Lunar New Year Fest at SteeleCraft – FA > This Saturday, Lunar New Year Fest at SteeleCraft Bellflower will feature pop-up shops, lion dancers, kids crafting, and live music. Runs 2 to 10 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Dumpling Day at Santa Anita Park -> This Saturday, Smorgasburg curates a unique dumpling experience at Santa Anita Park featuring popup dumpling vendors trackside. A dumpling starter pack cost $34 and the VIP version coast $55. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Westfield Culver City is hosting a Black History Month celebration featuring live performances and storytelling from noon to 5 p.m. FA
- As part of the John Williams Spotlight series at Walt Disney Concert Hall, this Friday to Sunday you can catch A Century of Film Music. The concert takes guests through some of the greatest musical moments in cinematic history, including selections from The Godfather, Batman, Back to the Future, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, all performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic and conducted by David Newman. M
- The Fifteen Percent Pledge, an organization committed to narrowing the racial equity gap by partnering with major retailers to carry Black-owned brands, is organizing a pop-up event at Paramount Studios on Saturday and Sunday.
- The L.A. Travel & Adventure Show hits the Los Angeles Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday.
- Be Kind, Rewind brings their 90s/2000s pop-up party to Harlowe in West Hollywood on Saturday. FA
- The South Coast Botanic Garden celebrates Lunar New Year every weekend in February.
- The third annual Shochu Month in Los Angeles celebrates the Japanese spirit with a series of speciality cocktails and live programming at nine of L.A.’s top bars, including Accomplice Bar, Death&Co LA, Employees Only LA, Gold Line, Redbird, Steep LA, The Lincoln, The Semi-Tropic, and Thunderbolt.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!