Saturday’s lineup of to-dos is headlined by a big send-off for L.A.’s most famous big cat, but there’s plenty of other options on the table.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (February 4) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you have a good one !
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Celebration of Life for P-22 -> Saturday’s community celebration of life for P-22 at the Greek Theater is sold out, but you can head to Angel City Brewery during the event to catch a livestream of the service (noon to 2 p.m.) and get $2 off all 12oz pours of P-22 beer. Sounds like a great way to toast to the most famous cat that ever prowled the streets of Los Angeles! Oh, and if you’re looking for other options for where to watch the stream with a group, the Los Angeles Public Library will host community watch gatherings at 11 branch locations beginning at noon. The livestream link to watch at home can be found here. More info on ACB’s event here.
Puppy Bowl Pup Rally -> This Saturday, The Wallis Annenberg PetSpace, Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co., and Animal Planet will host the official Los Angeles Puppy Pup Rally with sports-themed activations for dogs to enjoy ahead of Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl XIX Sunday airing. Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co. will also be providing complimentary coffee and pup cups for all attendees. Stadium snacks, dog bandanas and photo ops are in the mix as well. The event runs 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets start at $10. More info here.
San Gabriel Lunar New Year Festival -> The City of San Gabriel celebrates the Lunar New Year this Saturday with a packed slate of cultural events in the Mission District, including traditional lion dancing, live performances, balloon art, guided walks, over 80 food and artisanal booths, and a kids zone. Events and activities run from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Get more info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. You can get $25 tix to the brand new Bob Marley One Love Experience, save $14 on tickets to LA Phil’s Green Umbrella Series, or get comp tickets to the L.A. Travel & Adventure Show.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Saturday’s Lunar New Year celebration at the Original Farmers Market includes lion dances, arts and crafts, balloon twisting and red envelope giveaways
- The Huntington hosts Chinese New Year festivities all-day Saturday and Sunday.
- Smorgasburg curates a unique Dumpling Day experience at Santa Anita Park this Saturday
- Writer/Composer Dahlak Brathwaite’s Try/Step/Trip runs at The Wallis through Sunday.
- Designing with Disaster: Stories from Seven Regenerative Cities is the latest exhibition at Japan House LA.
- The 11th Annual San Pedro Film Festival continues through Sunday.
- Bellator MMA 290 brings a night of fight action to the Kia Forum.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!