Well, it’s Earth Day and the weather projects to be 85 and sunny. You are getting outside, today, aren’t you?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (April 22) in L.A. followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you find something in the mix to keep you active.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Very Special Arts Festival Community Day -> The Music Center’s Very Special Arts Festival is an annual free, inclusive event celebrating the artistic achievements of students with all abilities. This Saturday’s event features student and professional performances, visual and performing arts workshops and a student art exhibit created around a theme that is introduced to the students each year. Runs 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. More info here.
LA Times Festival of Books -> On Saturday and Sunday, The 28th Los Angeles Times Festival of Books returns to the campus of USC this April featuring over 300 book and merchandise exhibitors, a number of outdoor stages and activity areas, expert panels, performances, demos, and more. More info here.
Smog City Anniversary -> Smog City Brewing is pulling out all the stops for their 12th Anniversary Bash this Saturday with day-long schedule featuring a charity dunk tank, prize raffles, live music, food trucks, and 20+ brews on tap, including a few special releases. General admission starts at noon is free, and VIP hour tickets are available for $25. More info here.
TRANSIT REMINDER: Metro is offering free rides on all services (buses, rail, Metro Bike, and Metro Micro) all day on Earth Day, April 22.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. Get $20 to wine and chamber music nights at Disney Concert Hall, $14 tix to the LA County Fair, or $40 tix to Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo at Microsoft Theater.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Grand Park’s Easy Mornings returns this Saturday with selection of relaxing, family-friendly activities focused on deepening relationships with self, community, and the park. Runs 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free to attend.
- The 15th annual Kite Festival at Ascot Hills Park offers a day of family fun and free children’s activities from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
- On Saturday, Corey Helford Gallery hosts an opening reception for Ephemeral Existence, a new solo show from Japanese oil painter Mayuka Yamamoto popping up in the main gallery.
- This Saturday, El Segundo Museum of Art hosts a preview night for their latest exhibition, BELONGING, a showcase of women artists created in collaboration with bestselling author Cornelia Funke.
- Roundhouse Aquarium at the end of the Manhattan Beach Pier hosts an in-person Earth Day celebration on Saturday featuring interactive and hands-on activities that promote sustainable living.
- This Saturday at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles, Garden School Educators hosts a Family Garden Workshop guests will learn the art of caring for succulents and methods to create a thriving indoor succulent collection.
- Outdoor nonprofit Bewilder is teaming up with kids’ bike brand woom for a free Earth Day event in Culver City this Saturday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!